This is the shocking moment an electric bike suddenly explodes while travelling and leaves a father and his little daughter in intensive care.
The incident was filmed in the city of Hangzhou in the eastern Chinese province of Zhejiang on Sunday.
An investigation is underway after father Wei Shunli and his seven-year-old daughter Wei Jiaqi were left in hospital in a critical condition when the e-bike they were on suddenly exploded.
The father suffered 90 percent burns to his body while the girl had 95 percent, according to local reports.
The girl’s mother was reportedly riding another e-bike behind the pair when the incident took place.
To help with the estimated medical costs, the family has launched a crowdfunding campaign to raise CNY 2 million (GBP 226,950).
The family bought the bike from a brand store three years ago, and Shunli spent around CNY 500 (GBP 57) changing the battery last year.
The local authorities are investigating whether the bike and the battery were 3C (China Compulsory Certification) certified products.
Lin Ping, director of the chamber of commerce of the local electric bicycle industry, said the local authorities ordered over 2,000 shops to check their stock and ensure every product is in line with 3C standards.
The incident was the latest in a line of e-bikes exploding and causing injury in China, and the government implemented new standards for electric vehicles in April this year.
Meanwhile, numerous communities have tightened rules on bringing e-bikes into lifts in apartment blocks after a bicycle’s battery exploded and injured five people in a lift in Chengdu, including a seven-month-old baby who has been left permanently injured.