SPLASH TRAGEDY: Mum Under Fire As Three-Year-Old Dies After Dip

A mum-of-seven has been viciously attacked on social media over alleged negligence after her three-year-old died four days after an unsolved incident at a public pool in Germany.

Susann D. took John and his siblings to the local Natursportbad pool at Bad Dueben, a small town in Saxony.

The unconscious child was dragged out of the water and taken to a local clinic where it died four days later.

Image shows three-year-old John in an undated photo. The boy died in the hospital after nearly drowning in a swimming pool in the German town of Bad Dueben on Thursday, Aug. 4, 2022. (Newsflash)

The single parent reportedly opted for the pool due to the presence of lifeguards.

Her lawyer Jan Siebenhuener told newspaper Bild: “She deliberately abstained from taking them to the local lake for this reason.”

Reacting to negligence accusations brought up against his client that erupted online when the news emerged, the advocate added: “No parent is able to keep an eye on their children all the time on such an occasion.”

Siebenhuener said: “There have been atrocious attacks against John’s mum on social media. Considering the traumatic event, this is just disgraceful.”

The pool was overcrowded on the stiflingly hot day the tragic accident occurred, according to local media.

John was very much looking forward to taking a dip in the water, according to Bild.

According to the newspaper, the boy had put his water wings on already in the car as he could not wait to enjoy himself with his siblings.

His lifeless body floating in the water was discovered by another bather. His mum desperately tried to resuscitate him.

Her lawyer criticised: “There was no lifeguard present in this situation. Has the pool been understaffed?”

Two off-duty doctors shortly took over from Susann D., according to Siebenhuener.

Image shows the pool where three-year-old John nearly drowned in the German town of Bad Dueben in an undated photo. The incident occured on Thursday, Aug. 4, 2022. (Newsflash)

It reportedly took an ambulance more than half an hour to reach the pool due to jammed roads.

A rescue helicopter withdrew after a failed attempt to find an appropriate landing spot, according to unnamed witnesses cited by Bild.

Susann D. told the daily: “We are missing John each and every day. But his brothers and sisters and myself, we’ll stay strong.”

Meanwhile, local authorities have confirmed that they were investigating the fatal incident.

Saxony Police spokeswoman Mariele Koeckeritz said: “We appeal to the first responders who resuscitated and looked after the child before the ambulance arrived, to come forward.”

Koeckeritz added that witnesses and anyone with potentially useful information should contact their local police department.

The tragic accident occurred at the Natursportbad in the town of Bad Dueben, a popular 1,500-square-metre public pool.

Bad Dueben is a Saxon town of around 8,000 inhabitants located 35 kilometres (22 miles) north of Leipzig.

Don’t miss Our New Story!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.