COOKING INFERNO: Pregnant Mum Dies After Hubby Fills Saucepan With Alcohol Instead Of Water

This pregnant mother of a little girl has died after her absent-minded husband accidentally used alcohol instead of water to fill up a saucepan while she was cooking, which then exploded.

The horrific explosion left Tassia Caroline Pacheco Leao, 36, with burns over 90 per cent of her body and critically ill when she was taken to hospital and placed in intensive care.

Tragically, despite the best efforts of doctors, she died nine days later.

The tragedy happened at the family home in the municipality of Americana in the Brazilian state of Sao Paulo.

The doctors managed to remove the baby from Tassia, who had been 26 weeks pregnant, but it died a day after the fire in the morning on Saturday, 13th August.

Tassia passed away a week later, on Saturday, 20th August.

Her husband Warley de Oliveira Leao,35, confirmed that his wife had asked him to fill the saucepan with water and instead of bottled water he had used bottled alcohol.

After the explosion, a blaze started in the kitchen that also left the couple’s six-year-old daughter suffering burns to her lip although she has since been discharged into the care of her grandparents.

The husband was also badly burned, suffering burns to 60 per cent of his body and remains and remains in treatment at the Hospital Irmaos Penteado de Campinas.

Police are investigating the case as an injury resulting in death but have not commented on the matter further. According to the funeral home ‘Funeraria Bom Pastor’ that handled the burial of Tassia’s body was first sent to the IML (Forensic Medical Institute) and then handed back for the funeral yesterday (Sunday).

close

Don’t miss Our New Story!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.